Fill Out Our Contact Request Form
While many homeowners call for air conditioning maintenance during emergencies, scheduling routine preventative maintenance can prevent these frustrating situations altogether. Furthermore, preventative maintenance extends the lifespan of your entire HVAC system. Nevertheless, most people refrain from scheduling this essential service and wonder why their unit functions at less-than-optimal levels.
For around-the-clock emergency services and reliable air conditioning maintenance, call BVS Home Experts at (281) 391-1510. Our 24/7 services ensure that your home remains cool and comfortable during the hottest days in Hempstead, TX
How Does Air Conditioning Preventative Maintenance Benefit My Unit?
Preventative air conditioning maintenance delivers innumerable benefits. However, most homeowners aren’t aware that this service preserves the health of their system. Below are just some of the advantages of scheduling regular maintenance checks.
Various factors impact your HVAC's efficiency, such as your vents, drain line, condenser unit, and refrigerant levels. If any of these elements malfunctions, it compromises your AC unit's ability to adequately cool your home.
Preventative maintenance ensures that your unit constantly runs at the highest efficiency. Not only does regular maintenance guarantee that your home reaches your desired temperature, but it also saves you money in the long run.
Decrease Utility Bills
Saving money through lower bills is perhaps one of the most enticing advantages of scheduling preventative maintenance. Since maintenance increases efficiency, it also decreases your utility bills.
Our expert HVAC technicians provide preventative cleaning, tune-ups, and early breakdown diagnosis in Katy, TX. As a result, they ensure that your system functions well. Through these practices, you should notice a decline in utility bills as they resolve anything adversely affecting your system.
Decrease Emergency Repairs
Emergency HVAC repairs are not only disruptive to your comfort and lifestyle but comprise some of the most expensive repair services. Since emergencies typically entail a system breakdown, these issues usually require more extensive servicing. They might even mandate new parts or a complete replacement.
HVAC systems in Katy, TX that don't receive routine maintenance are far likelier to experience emergency breakdowns.
During maintenance, a BVS Home Experts technician diagnoses potential weaknesses in your system that could lead to more significant problems or breakdowns. Scheduling maintenance to find these issues early keeps your system healthy. It also saves you substantial money on emergencies.
Improve Air Quality
Another key benefit of regular air conditioning maintenance is improved indoor air quality. Left unserviced for too long, your system's vents, ductwork, and condenser units can accumulate dust and small debris. These irritants can hamper air quality.
Even worse, poor air quality can exacerbate allergies, asthma, breathing problems, and frequency of viruses. Avoid these unpleasant, inconvenient ailments by scheduling preventative maintenance in Katy, TX today.
Increase Your System’s Lifespan
HVAC systems can last for up to 25 years. However, if your system is underserviced, long-term issues and unaddressed damage can dramatically shorten your system's lifespan. Systems that receive little preventative maintenance can last less than a decade.
Enlisting routine air conditioning maintenance can considerably extend your system’s lifespan. Avoiding a costly repair or replacement can save you significant funds as well.
Maintain the Validity of Your Warranty
While preventative maintenance can delay or avoid a breakdown, emergencies still happen. You'll want a valid warranty when a situation requires more complicated repairs or replacements. These documents can save you in an emergency.
Many warranties require routine maintenance as a stipulation of receiving the coverage provided by the agreement. Whether or not you know the terms of your contract, regular maintenance ensures that you maintain valid coverage.
AC Maintenance Checklist
Many clients have questions about the processes involved in their preventative HVAC maintenance. BVS Home Experts technicians provide comprehensive air conditioning maintenance unrivaled by other companies in the Hempstead, TX region. The following steps outline BVS’s comprehensive maintenance practices. These well-tested practices boost energy efficiency, reduce wear and tear, and lengthen the lifespan of your system, among numerous other benefits.
Preventative Maintenance Checklist
- Full inspection – The first step of your preventative maintenance is performing a comprehensive assessment of each HVAC system component. These parts include the condenser unit, air handlers, ductwork, vents, and other items. As our technicians assess your system’s current condition, they’ll decide which of the following maintenance practices to perform.
- Thermostat functioning and calibration – Thermostat settings play a significant role in your AC system’s efficiency. Examining your thermostat’s functioning and recalibrating your thermostat can resolve many functional issues.
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections –Maintaining tight electrical hookups fortifies the power interface of your HVAC system. Our technicians examine critical endpoints and plug-ins to ensure ideal electrical distribution.
- Clean drip pan and empty drain line – Your unit’s drip pan and drain line provide essential storage for your system’s runoff. Cleaning the drain line and drip pan maintains your system’s efficiency, improves air quality, and prevents breakdowns.
- Apply lubricant to moving parts – HVAC systems require many moving mechanisms to operate successfully. Lubricating these parts avoids friction that can cause breakdowns or damage to critical components of your system. Proper lubrication also helps reduce the noise your system makes while running.
- Clean the evaporator coil – Evaporator coils are one of the most crucial parts of your system. They are primarily responsible for the temperature of the air that flows through your home. Servicing this mechanism ensures that your home cools to your liking.
- Inspect and clean condenser unit coils – Your condenser unit is why air can flow through your house. It brings in warm outdoor air and transforms it into cool indoor air. Keeping its coils clean protects your condenser unit.
- Measure and refill the refrigerant – Cool air would not be possible without refrigerant. Restoring it to adequate levels will prevent warm or hot air from flowing through your home.
- Clean vents and change all air filters – Dust and debris accumulating on your vents and air filters decrease your HVAC system’s functionality. In worst cases, this build-up can lead to sudden breakdowns.
AC Maintenance FAQs
The following are some frequently asked questions about air conditioning maintenance.
The following are some frequently asked questions about air conditioning maintenance.
Air conditioning maintenance typically costs between $100 to $300. However, these costs are minimal compared to the potential expenses you might incur amid a complex repair or full replacement.
Maintenance throughout your system's lifespan will help it run more smoothly day to day. These factors lower utility bills while delaying the need to purchase a completely new system. As a result, the aggregate savings you gain from investing in preventative maintenance almost always outweigh the costs.
How Do I Schedule AC Maintenance?
Booking a maintenance check with BVS Home Experts is as simple as giving us a call or scheduling through our website. One of our technicians will service your system promptly with our around-the-clock emergency and maintenance services. Scheduling with us brings you closer to lifetime savings and hassle-free comfort.
How Often Should I Get Service for My Units?
The standard recommendation is to schedule maintenance at least once a year. However, heat pumps that work year-round to cool and heat your home might require attention twice a year. Therefore, we recommend getting service at least twice a year to ensure your system functions optimally.
Do I Absolutely Need Annual Service?
While no one requires air conditioning maintenance, we strongly recommend getting service at least once a year. Neglecting to service your unit might lead to unit damage, increasing the chances of repairs and emergency services. Those costs are far higher than those of routine maintenance.
Can I Perform Maintenance?
Some preventative maintenance practices might seem like jobs you can do on your own. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend hiring a professional for your AC maintenance.
Our expert technicians deeply understand each component of HVAC systems. In addition, they can work with any HVAC system or brand. That's why they can perform high-quality service.
Furthermore, not only will servicing your unit be challenging, but it can also be dangerous. The mechanisms and chemicals involved in HVAC units can cause serious bodily injury and harm. Avoid injury by letting trained professionals take care of this work.
Finally, you could unintentionally damage your system while attempting to repair it. As a result, you may end up with more expensive repairs than at the outset.
Everyone wants to save money on their HVAC systems. However, repairs or replacements can easily exceed preventative maintenance costs. Hiring a professional ensures you get your money's worth while not creating a more significant issue.