We love it here in Texas, even in the summer when it’s toasty warm outside. We can just slip into the pool to cool off or step into our nice air-conditioned house. But what if your air conditioner isn’t cooling your house well? It’s time to call a professional.
When looking for a trustworthy AC repair company, ask the following questions:
- How many years has the company been in business? Like most professions, experience makes a difference.
- Ask for a written An honest company will be able to give you an accurate written quote. Even though problems may pop up, a real pro is often on target.
- Is the company insured and properly licensed? Both are required and they should be able to provide you the
- Are they available when you need them? AC units don’t just break down from 9-5. A company that is closed on the weekends or only open certain hours may not be able to help you when you need them.
- Can the company provide references? Most companies will have customers they can refer you to for a reference. You can find them online as well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AC REPAIR
My house is warm. My air isn’t flowing well. What’s wrong?
- A couple of things may be the culprit. The compressor may be dirty and working too The evaporator coil may be freezing due to poor air flow. Or the duct work may be clogged with debris. BVS Home Experts can come clean your compressor, check the ducts and the coil.
My air conditioner is making really strange sounds. What does that mean?
- Anything other than the sound of your unit coming on, the soft sounds of the fan blowing or air flowing through your vents could mean trouble. Rattling, clicking, hissing or other noises are signs of a problem. A part could be loose or broken or you may have a leak. Turn the system off and call a professional right
I smell something weird when my air conditioner turns on. What’s going on?
- The filter may be Replace it. If the odor is still present, you may have a clog somewhere in the system. Call a professional.
My older air conditioner seems to run constantly. Can it be fixed?
- It depends on what is causing the system to run non-stop. A visit from an AC technician can help determine if a repair makes sense or if replacement is the right choice for
There’s a puddle of water near my unit. What do I need to do?
- AC units do create a small amount of moisture while they are Any more than that is a sign that help is needed.
My thermostat reads 70, but it feels like 80 in my house. Help!
- Your thermostat could be old, not level or your senor is Either way, call an expert today!
How can I protect my system from expensive repairs?
- While there is no guarantee that repairs won’t be needed, yearly air conditioning tune ups and regular maintenance can help catch any problems before they become expensive fixes and will keep your AC running
Are you sweating at home and asking yourself, “is there a trusty ac repair near me?” The answer is, yes, BVS Home Experts has experts in air conditioning repair standing by 24/7 (yes, even on holidays!) so that we can take care of your home.
You don’t need to worry anymore because we’ll get everything taken care of to get your home back to normal. Contact BVS Home Experts today to restore your comfort.
Ronald is one of the key contributors to BVS Home Experts, a family-owned and operated full-service air conditioning and heating company serving the Katy and West Houston areas. With a deep understanding of air conditioning and heating concerns, Ronald brings a wealth of knowledge to our readers.