Due to our busy lifestyles, Americans spend more time every day in the confines of an office, a classroom and our home. With work and family responsibilities, we don’t always spend as much time as we would like outside in the fresh air.
This is why the quality of the air we breathe indoors has become an increasingly important environmental and health concern.
Our air conditioning and heating system greatly affects the air we breathe. If yours isn’t operating at top notch, then you’re going to want to get an air conditioner tune up.
You see, air conditioning systems doesn’t make air, they just recycle the same indoor air over and over again.
When you recirculate the air in a home repeatedly, breathing air that may be polluted can be like bathing in someone else’s bath water due to poor and/or in adequate filtration. I don’t know about you, but I’d want to get my AC serviced right away if that was a problem!
Understanding how the quality of air affects our lives is important.
The facts mentioned below are related to short and long-term symptoms to include, but not limited to, coughs, tightness in the chest, fever, chills, head and muscle aches, allergic responses, upper respiratory congestion
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION http://www.epa.gov/greenbuilding/pubs/gbstats.pdf
- Polluted indoor air causes, or aggravates, 50% of all illnesses. (AMERICAN COLLEGE OF ALLERGISTS)
- The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (USEPA) http://www.epa.gov/greenbuilding/pubs/gbstats.pdf
- Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC system.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=42
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (TOTAL HEALTH AND BETTER HEALTH MAGAZINES)
- 10-12 million Americans suffer from Asthma. (AMERICAN COLLEGE OF ALLERGISTS)http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=42
- Asthma is the most Chronic Disease of childhood (ASTHMA AND ALLERGY FOUNDATION http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=8&sub=16&cont=44
- Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS) http://www.webmd.com/lung/features/12-ways-to-improve-indoor-air-quality
- Most commercially available fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient and woefully ineffective (EPA)http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/airclean.html.
The most important fact of all is that most of the dangers listed above can be avoided quickly and easily by improving the quality of the air you breathe in your home without changing your lifestyle. All you may need is an AC tune up.
Make sure your home is comfortable and efficient all year long and improve the quality of your life and the air you breathe. Contact BVS Home Experts today for an AC check up to restore your comfort.
We are here for you at BVS Home Experts. We have air conditioner technicians standing by 24/7 (yes, even on holidays!).
We’ll get everything taken care of to get your home back to normal. Make sure your home is comfortable and efficient all year long. For comprehensive air conditioning repair services, contact BVS Home Experts today to restore your comfort.
Ronald is one of the key contributors to BVS Home Experts, a family-owned and operated full-service air conditioning and heating company serving the Katy and West Houston areas. With a deep understanding of air conditioning and heating concerns, Ronald brings a wealth of knowledge to our readers.