We’re now neck-deep in the holidays, and fun times are still ahead! We’ve all stashed away our spooky hats and traded them for turkeys here in Katy, and we’re ready to bring on the cranberry sauce. But you might have noticed something a little less than stellar about these holiday times. Did your October energy bill look a little scarier than you expected?
With all of the distractions and excellent food to be found in the holidays, it can be easy to forget that we use up a lot of energy this time of year. Where does the majority of that come from? Your HVAC system, which we’re sure doesn’t surprise you at all. Looking for ways to tame that heating cost? The experts at BVS Air Conditioning & Heating have the solutions you need!
Reliable Heating Advice for the Holidays
Worried that some furnace maintenance is going to detract from your seasonal fun? No need to stress, these tips are fast, easy, and guaranteed to reduce your utility costs this Holiday season:
- Reduce your use. We may have mentioned this before, but were you aware that each and every degree your heating system needs to reach accounts for up to ten percent more energy consumed? If you keep your home at 71, knock it down to 70. We guarantee all of the guests and cooking will make up for the heat loss, and you’ll be cutting a big dent in the amount of energy your furnace or heat pump sucks up.
- Replace your filter. Change your air filter. This is one we, nor any HVAC professional, can say enough times. Why? Because it’s absolutely both the easiest and most effective means for a homeowner to reduce energy consumption and ensure their system remains fully-functional all winter season. Change your filter monthly for best results, or upgrade to polyester filters for a solution that last a few months longer.
- Cleaning. You’re probably doing this already, especially if your hosting some holiday bashes. But while you’re at it, pay particular attention to vent grates and around your HVAC system. Not only will you prevent dangerous fire hazards, you’ll improve the air flow of your heating system as well!
Did You Miss Out on Your Professional Maintenance?
Tips are great, but if you want to get the most efficiency and comfort out of your system this season, you need to make sure you get a professional tune-up. It’s just hands-down the most important thing to keep up with. Especially if you don’t like breakdowns and huge heating costs. Did you miss your fall visit? If so, contact BVS for heating maintenance today!
Simple Energy Saving Tips
Looking for a little more than some HVAC help? Try these tips out:
- Unplug appliances when you’re not using them. Yes, they still use power; even when switched off!
- Change the bulbs in your home to LEDs. Up to ten times more efficiency from your lights is a huge deal.
- Cook efficiently. Fit as much into your oven as you can at once. Those things take up tons of power to operate.
Heating Services in Katy & Houston, Texas
In Texas, regular maintenance reduces heating costs, improves dependability and increases the life of your heating system. Prevent breakdowns and emergency repairs by scheduling routine maintenance for your furnace. Not only does neglecting your furnace result in expensive emergency repairs, but it’s also dangerous to your family’s health. A neglected furnace can emit deadly carbon monoxide into your home. Respiratory illnesses, allergies, infections and fatigue may all be traced to a neglected heating system.
Ronald is one of the key contributors to BVS Home Experts, a family-owned and operated full-service air conditioning and heating company serving the Katy and West Houston areas. With a deep understanding of air conditioning and heating concerns, Ronald brings a wealth of knowledge to our readers.