Stop Your HVAC System From Working Overtime
Save On Energy Costs With Ductwork Modification
Poor air flow in the home is often caused by problems in your HVAC system’s ductwork.
No matter what you do to the temperature in your home, your energy bills will continue to rise unless you have these ductwork issues addressed by professionals.
What Air Duct Problems Exist In Your Home?
If you’re struggling to regulate the temperatures inside the rooms of your home, you could be facing one of two problems:
- The air conditioning and heating system is forcing air through ducts that are smaller than they should be.
- The ducts are designed improperly and cannot efficiently carry air from the HVAC System to the room.
Duct maintenance and modifications solve these issues. From duct fabrication to a complete redesign, BVS is able to boost the efficiency of your air distribution by UP TO 80%.
In a typical house, about 20-30% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts.
Click To SCHEDULE SERVICE Or Give us a Call at (281) 394-1923
Why Air Duct Maintenance Equals Energy Savings
In houses with forced-air cooling and heating systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the home.
In a typical house, however, about 20-30% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
A recent study conducted by McKinsey & Company showed that the biggest area of improvement for home energy savings is in the ductwork. This makes duct maintenance extremely important for cutting electric bills and saving on energy costs.
What’s Involved In Air Duct Maintenance And Modification?
BVS technicians follow a rigid process to improve the air flow in your home. A service appointment includes:
- Inspecting your entire network of ducts, including those in uninsulated areas, such as attics and basements
- Assessing the network’s supply and return air balance to determine if the ducts are the correct size
- Repairing damaged or disconnected ducts and untwisting tubes
- Fixing and tightening any leaks or seal disconnections
- Fabricating new ductwork
- Adding necessary air filters
- Insulating any uninsulated ducts in attics, basements, garages or crawl spaces
- Performing a combustion test to ensure that the system is safe
Is Your Texas Home In Our Service Area?
Our BVS technicians have performed air duct maintenance throughout the West Houston area, including Sealy, Katy, Houston, Sugar Land, Richmond and more. Wondering if your home falls within our service area?
“Great service, quick response, great price. Repairman was phenomenal and arrived quickly. This great company sends you photos and information about the repairman so you know it is him when he comes to the door. They are very safety-conscious.”
“BVS is dependable, knowledgeable and provides prompt service year after year. We love BVS because they treat us like we are the only customer they have. They are always available, always knowledgeable about the latest equipment and options and keep our units working optimally all year round. Could not be more pleased!”