Stop Your HVAC System From Working Overtime
Save On Energy Costs With Ductwork Modification
Poor air flow in the home is often caused by problems in your HVAC system’s ductwork.
No matter what you do to the temperature in your home, your energy bills will continue to rise unless you have these ductwork issues addressed by professionals.
What Air Duct Problems Exist In Your Home?
If you’re struggling to regulate the temperatures inside the rooms of your home, you could be facing one of two problems:
- The air conditioning and heating system is forcing air through ducts that are smaller than they should be.
- The ducts are designed improperly and cannot efficiently carry air from the HVAC System to the room.
Duct maintenance and modifications solve these issues. From duct fabrication to a complete redesign, BVS is able to boost the efficiency of your air distribution by UP TO 80%.
Why Air Duct Maintenance Equals Energy Savings
In houses with forced-air cooling and heating systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the home.
In a typical house, however, about 20-30% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
A recent study conducted by McKinsey & Company showed that the biggest area of improvement for home energy savings is in the ductwork. This makes duct maintenance extremely important for cutting electric bills and saving on energy costs.
What’s Involved In Air Duct Maintenance And Modification?BVS technicians follow a rigid process to improve the air flow in your home. A service appointment includes:
- Inspecting your entire network of ducts, including those in uninsulated areas, such as attics and basements
- Assessing the network’s supply and return air balance to determine if the ducts are the correct size
- Repairing damaged or disconnected ducts and untwisting tubes
- Fixing and tightening any leaks or seal disconnections
- Fabricating new ductwork
- Adding necessary air filters
- Insulating any uninsulated ducts in attics, basements, garages or crawl spaces
- Performing a combustion test to ensure that the system is safe
Is Your Texas Home In Our Service Area?
Our BVS technicians have performed furnace repairs throughout the West Houston area, including Sealy, Katy, Houston, Sugar Land, Richmond and more. Wondering if your home falls within our service area?View Our Service Areas
Join Our Healthy House Maintenance Program
Let BVS worry about the health of your heating system. When you join our Healthy House Maintenance Program, we proactively maintain your system to extend its useful life, minimize your utility bills and reduce the chances of bigger, costlier problems.
Read more about the benefits afforded to program members.
We Service And Repair All Makes And Models
“We have used BVS for over 15 years now. They do an excellent job from start to finish. Their employees are courteous and do a great job in explaining everything. Wish all businesses could be like them.”
“BVS is dedicated to doing the job right! They recently installed two humidifiers along with some other maintenance services on my AC system. I am very pleased with the service provided. Their attention to detail was excellent.”