Home Electrical Repair in Katy, Texas
Get Help from Local Katy Electricians!
Electrical issues are not only an inconvenience, but can have serious consequences resulting in fire, or other types of damage to your structure or appliances. Often there are warning signs and if issues are detected early enough electrical repairs can be completed before disaster strikes. At the first signs of electrical trouble, from a flickering light to an inoperable outlet or anything in between, call the experienced, licensed professionals at BVS for fast, reliable troubleshooting and repair of all your electrical issues.
Common Electrical Issues
Inferior or improper installation techniques, age, rodents, water damage, and other issues can contribute to a number of common electrical concerns around your home, including the following:
- Electrical surges. Most homeowners have experienced a power surge during storm activity or as a result of damage to power lines, but additional culprits can be faulty wiring or appliances. Although they happen for only a nanosecond, frequent surges can cause irreparable damage to electronics such as your tv or computer and should be investigated further.
- Inoperable or malfunctioning light switches. Light switches that don’t turn anything on and dimmer switches that don’t dim are a sign that something isn’t right behind the switchplate. Avoid further use until you can have a licensed electrician perform an inspection.
- Frequent tripping of circuits. Circuits are designed to protect your home when they become overloaded, when one or more high consuming appliances are used on the same breaker simultaneously. Options include prevention by using an alternate outlet, or by reassigning large appliances to a dedicated circuit.
- Electrical shocks. Even the mildest electrical shocks are uncomfortable and if you experience this painful sensation as you turn a device on or off it may be the device itself but could also be the wiring behind it.
- Short lifespan for lightbulbs. If you frequently have to replace one or more bulbs in your home you may simply be using a wattage that is too high for the fixture. Other causes can include: insulation crowding the light, bad wiring, or when accompanied by flickering, a bad connection on the circuit.
- Recessed lighting that cycles on and off. If recessed lights become to hot a built-in safety feature interrupts the power until they cool, when service is restored. If this is happening in your home the wattage on your bulbs may be too high or insulation to close to the fixtures.
- Inflated energy costs. There are a number of ways to reduce electricity usage including unplugging small appliances when not in use and pinpointing which devices may be causing a surge in power, but high costs may also be associated with damaged or improperly installed wiring or circuits.
Warning Signs You Should Call for a Licensed Electrician
All electrical concerns should be investigated by a professional to avoid damage but there are a few which require immediate attention including:
- Electrical noises. Humming, buzzing or other unusual sounds from your system.
- Hot, charred, or discolored outlets. Outlets that are hot to the touch or show signs of previous damage.
- Burning smell. Electrical fires emit an acrid smell. If you can, identify the source, keep an extinguisher nearby, and call for immediate service.
- Sparks. Frequent or excessive sparks or arcing from an outlet.
Electrical Services in Katy, TX
Only an experienced, licensed technician should diagnose and repair electrical issues around your home. Call BVS today at 281-394-1923 for safe, reliable electrical services in Katy and the surrounding areas.
We Service And Repair All Makes And Models
“We have used BVS for over 15 years now. They do an excellent job from start to finish. Their employees are courteous and do a great job in explaining everything. Wish all businesses could be like them.”
“BVS is dedicated to doing the job right! They recently installed two humidifiers along with some other maintenance services on my AC system. I am very pleased with the service provided. Their attention to detail was excellent.”