Choosing whether to repair or replace your furnace system can be one of the biggest conundrums a homeowner faces when it comes to HVAC decisions. But the experts at BVS Air Conditioning & Heating are here to tell you you don’t have to make the decision alone!
Our experts have been helping homeowners in Houston, TX find the right heating and cooling solutions for years. We’re not about just providing service. We’re about providing the right service, and doing so flawlessly! Not sure if you should have your furnace repaired or fully replaced? We can help.
Looking for top-class furnace services in Houston, Katy, and the surrounding areas? Contact BVS online today!
When Should I Repair My Furnace?
The best way to decide is to have a good base of understanding when it comes to furnace problems. Many only need a repair service, whereas some problems require a replacement (or a replacement just makes more sense). In the following situations, we would usually suggest furnace repair:
- Air flow problems. If your furnace is blowing tepid air or is blowing pretty much nothing at all, there are a lot of potential causes. The good news is that most of them can be handled with furnace repair services.
- Sudden fluctuations in heating costs. If your heating bill is suddenly spiking up, odds are you need a repair. You might even notice a high cost one month, only for it to return to normal on the next one. If this happens, give our experts a call.
- Odd furnace sounds. Clanks, bangs, squeaks, and squeals all indicate problems with the components in your heating system. Usually a repair has you covered, however be sure to call in for repair right away. Loose or damaged parts can bang around in your furnace and do lots of damage, which can eventually turn into a total replacement.
- Musty odors. Dusty smells that linger for a while are usually dust buildup choking your furnace. You might be able to remedy this just by replacing your air filter. If not, a repair service should do the trick.
When Should I Replace My Furnace?
Replacing often comes as a result of two things. One, your issues lost a long, long time. Or two, the repair doesn’t do the trick, or is too costly. Generally, we’ll suggest replacing when:
- You need repair too often. If you’re calling in for professional repair yearly or more, a replacement is going to save you a lot of money and stress in the long run.
- Your repairs are too costly. Some components simply cost a ton to replace, or may not be totally repairable (think along the lines of a car transmission). In these cases, replacing will cost you less, or a somewhat equivalent amount.
- Your energy costs are too high. Energy bill spikes that stick around often require a replacement to remedy.
- Your system is old. If your furnace is a decade old or older, we’ll always suggest replacing. Replacing an old system can bring you a lot of benefits, including more comfort, lower heating costs, and less frequent repairs.
Trust BVS for Your Furnace Services in Katy & Houston
Still not sure which service is your best bet? Don’t stress about it alone! The experts at BVS have years and years of training and experience, and we can help you find the right service to suit your specific needs. Looking to learn more? Contact our team today!
Ronald is one of the key contributors to BVS Home Experts, a family-owned and operated full-service air conditioning and heating company serving the Katy and West Houston areas. With a deep understanding of air conditioning and heating concerns, Ronald brings a wealth of knowledge to our readers.