Fall is finally upon us, and while temperatures don’t drop as dramatically in our part of Texas as the rest of the country, it’s important to stay on top of furnace maintenance. If you don’t already have a furnace maintenance plan, BVS Home Experts recommends stay ahead of the winter temperature drop by
Following this steps:
- Replace air filters regularly. They should be replaced every 1-3 months during fall and winter. Dirty filters slow down air flow, putting strain on your furnace leading to costly repairs.
- Clean ducts and air vents. Blocked vents and ducts means the air doesn’t move around well, making your furnace work harder. For major blockages, call us and we will come out to clean your ducts.
- Clean furnace burners. A long Texas summer causes harmful build-up on burners. Check yours for debris, rust, and signs of bad alignment. Regular furnace maintenance lowers heating costs and increases the life of your system.
- Oil your furnace blower. The furnace blower’s motor is essential for proper furnace functioning. Have a professional oil yours once a year. Listen for strange noises when you turn your furnace on.
- Ensure your thermostat works properly. Turn your thermostat on – if it doesn’t start up right away, there could be a problem. If you use a manually controlled thermostat, upgrade to a programmable one. They allow you to control the heat by having it start up and shut down at specific times. It’s energy efficient and reduces wear and tear, saving you costly repairs.
No matter what you need, we are here for you at BVS Home Experts. We have air conditioner technicians standing by for 24 hour AC service (yes, even on holidays!). You don’t need to worry because we’ll get everything taken care of to get your home back to normal, even if it is a furnace replacement.
Make sure your home is comfortable and efficient all year long – contact BVS Home Experts today to restore your comfort.
Ronald is one of the key contributors to BVS Home Experts, a family-owned and operated full-service air conditioning and heating company serving the Katy and West Houston areas. With a deep understanding of air conditioning and heating concerns, Ronald brings a wealth of knowledge to our readers.