Looking to buy a gas furnace, but don’t know which one to choose from? There are a variety of options, and BVS Home Experts is here to find the right fit for you. What is a gas furnace, you might ask? Gas furnaces use natural gas or propane to heat the air in your home.
How to Know if You Need to Repair or Replace Your Gas Furnace
Consider the age, performance, and cost of a furnace. Furnaces usually work for 20 years. If a repair costs more than 50% of the remaining value of your furnace, then furnace replacement is the best option. If the repair costs less than 50%, then call a professional to repair your gas furnace.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying a New Furnace
- Efficiency – Look for the highest efficiency level when choosing a gas furnace. You will save a ton of money on your fuel bill. Even if your old furnace still works, you might be paying 45% more on your energy bill than you need to.
- Size – The size of your furnace should fit your home’s needs. If a furnace is too small, it won’t keep your house warm during a cold Texas winter. Buy a furnace that is too big, and you will waste money. Contact one of our experienced technicians today for advice on what size furnace best fits your home.
- Brand – Some brands are more reliable than others. Ratings and reviews can help you to make the right decision for your home. We can help you understand the difference between each brand.
Different Gas Furnace Models
- Single-stage models – These are the least expensive of all the models. They are either off or releasing heat full blast. There is not an in-between.
- Two-stage models – These operate at a low or high setting, depending on what you want for your home.
- Modulating model – This is the most expensive type of furnace. It produces more or less heat depending on the outside and inside temperatures and how quick the room is heating up. They are the most efficient and provide the most even supply of heat.
Gas Furnace Cost
A gas furnace costs between $3,000 and $10,000 to install, but it depends on the size, quality, and complexity. The average price is around $6,000. The more efficient furnace will have lower operating costs as well.
One way to keep your furnace running smoothly for years to come is to schedule regular furnace maintenance. Regular maintenance ensures your furnace will last longer. It also improves dependability, and reduces heating costs, saving you money!
We have experts in furnace repair and replacement standing by 24/7 (yes, even on holidays!) so that we can take care of your home. You don’t need to worry anymore because we’ll get everything taken care of to get your home back to normal. Your comfort is always our #1 concern! Contact BVS Home Experts today to restore your comfort.
Ronald is one of the key contributors to BVS Home Experts, a family-owned and operated full-service air conditioning and heating company serving the Katy and West Houston areas. With a deep understanding of air conditioning and heating concerns, Ronald brings a wealth of knowledge to our readers.