Summer is creeping closer every day. Here in Katy, Texas, that means it’s time to check on your air conditioner to ensure it runs efficiently. Is your current AC unit failing or not providing you the comfort you need? Have a professional come to check out you unit to discuss if you might need an air conditioner replacement before it gets too hot.
At BVS Home Experts, out HVAC technicians can guarantee you the perfect match for your needs to ensure the correct size and accurate installation.
Before you rush out to buy an AC replacement, do your homework!
Do I need a new Air Conditioner?
Ask yourself a couple of questions about your current system.
- Have you been paying more to cool your home? As your system ages, it works harder and longer to keep your house comfortable, costing you more money.
- Does your house not feel cool enough? When you find yourself turning the temperature down lower and lower to make your house feel cool, your system may be on its last legs. Or it may never have been the right one for your home.
- Are you on a first name basis with your repairman? It’s natural to have the occasional repair call for your AC unit. But if you are paying for serious repairs once a year or more often, you’re wasting money.
What should I look for in a new Air Conditioner?
To ensure you purchase the best unit for your house, do your research!
- Size matters. A bigger unit isn’t always better for your house. An air conditioner’s cooling capacity is determined by the size of your AC unit – too big can be just as detrimental as one that is too small. A great place to help you determine what size you may need is the energy star website.
- Get the right type of unit.
- A split system has a large condenser that sits outside the house along with a fan and coil system that’s inside the home. They are connected by pipes that carry refrigerant and ductwork distributes cool air through the house.
- Split ductless systems are for homes that can’t accommodate ductwork. They have an outside condenser and compressor along with indoor air handlers to distribute air.
- Efficiency saves money. A unit that has a high SEER rating (greater than 15) means that the AC unit uses less electricity to cool your home.
- Programmable thermostats add more than just comfort. One benefit of a programmable thermostat is that your house can start to cool off (or warm up) before you get home. Another benefit is that you can reduce your cooling costs by setting your thermostat at the right level.
What’s involved in the installation?
Proper installation is important to ensure your AC unit is effective and efficient. Installing a new AC unit is more than just the machine. A professional will check how much piping is required; the complexity of duct-work; whether any electrical updates need to be made; and the number of units needed for your home.
What are the benefits of a new unit?
If your AC unit is getting old or has broken down, it may be time to replace it. Air-conditioning units usually last at least 10 years, longer if well-maintained. Replacing your unit improves air quality, lowers utility bills, and provides a consistent comfort level.
Once you’ve replaced your air conditioner, be sure you take care of it. Maintenance equals longevity. Just because you have a new AC system, doesn’t mean that you can ignore it. Get your system regular maintenance to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Whether you need an ac repair or replacement, contact BVS Home Experts today! We have experts in air conditioning repair and replacement standing by 24/7 (yes, even on holidays!) so that we can take care of your home. Contact BVS Home Experts today to restore your comfort.