Water Heater Repair in Katy, TX
Hot water on demand is one of life’s greatest luxuries that we now take for granted. Daily hot showers and warm water to wash our dishes, clothes, and perform so many other ordinary tasks is made possible by a water heater that’s out of sight and out of mind.
Luckily, when the tap runs cold, you can rely on the plumbing professionals of BVS Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning to diagnose the problem with your water heater and get it back in business before you even consider taking a cold shower.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair Services
If you have a conventional gas water heater, there could be several reasons why your water heater is on the fritz. These include:
- Faulty pilot light: Malfunctions of the pilot light apparatus, control valve, or gas thermocouple will prevent the unit from heating water.
- Problem with gas supply: If your water doesn’t get hot enough or runs cold after a few minutes of use, there could be a disruption of the gas supply to the unit. Another reason could be a broken dip tube, which delivers cold water to the bottom of the tank.
- Corrosion: If you notice rusty water coming from your faucets, it’s likely that the glass liner inside the unit is corroded. Also, it’s possible that the aluminum and magnesium anode rod, which is designed to prevent corrosion, is defective.
- Sediment buildup: When sediment builds up over time, it can provide a breeding ground for bacteria that give off a foul, rotten egg odor. Sediment buildup can also cause water on the bottom of the tank to boil, causing a loud banging sound from the tank.
Other common problems with gas or electric water heaters include:
- Broken thermostats
- Leaking water
- Broken heating element
- Whining sound caused by sediment buildup on heating elements
If you have a tankless water heater, call for repair services immediately if you notice the following problems:
- Calcium buildup: If you have hard water, the calcium in the water can damage the components in the tankless water heater. Your technician may recommend installing a water softener or scale filter.
- Combustion failure: Tankless water heater operation depends on proper ventilation to work properly. If the ventilation tubes were incorrectly installed or are too long, it can lead to a breakdown of the unit.
If your water heater is not working like it should, call the trained plumbing professionals at BVS to get the hot water flowing again in your Katy or West Houston area home.
Take Advantage of Our 24-Hour Emergency Water Heater Repair Services
When you rely on BVS for water heater repairs, you won’t be without hot water for long. Our team is on call 24/7 to get your water heater back on track. When you give us a call after business hours or even in the middle of the night, we’ll offer the same upfront pricing, quality workmanship, and 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee.
Do you need emergency water heater repairs? Contact BVS at 281-394-1923 today.
Rely on BVS for Water Heater Repairs in Katy, TX
Since 1981, the family-owned BVS team has been the contractor Katy and West Houston residents call for water heater repairs, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing services, and much more. Our technicians are tops in heir field who will get the job done right the first time.
Need water heater repair services in Katy? Contact BVS today.
We Service And Repair All Makes And Models
“We have used BVS for over 15 years now. They do an excellent job from start to finish. Their employees are courteous and do a great job in explaining everything. Wish all businesses could be like them.”
“BVS is dedicated to doing the job right! They recently installed two humidifiers along with some other maintenance services on my AC system. I am very pleased with the service provided. Their attention to detail was excellent.”