Professional Plumbing Replacement Services in Katy, TX & West Houston, TX
If the only time you call for a plumber is when your pipes spring a leak, it’s time to rethink your strategy—over time, piping materials begin to deteriorate, and if they aren’t replaced in time your home may sustain a considerable amount of damage from water or raw sewage. The licensed, certified plumbing experts at BVS offer a full range of plumbing services including repairs and replacement, and our 2017 Healthy Home Maintenance Plan includes a free plumbing inspection, priority service, and annual discounts.
What’s Hiding Behind Your Walls?
Since the type and age of your plumbing will help determine how long it will last, it’s important to know what kind of pipes you have. If a home inspection was performed prior to your purchase it should be noted on the report, but if you’re unable to locate the information, the licensed technicians at BVS will identify the piping material as part of their inspection.
Depending on the material, pipes may last for decades or almost a century. Here are some general guidelines:
- Brass and galvanized steel: 80—100 years
- Copper: 70—80 years.
- Cast iron drain:80—100 years
- PVC pipes: 25—40 years
These numbers are only an estimate, and the actual lifespan of plumbing materials depends on several factors including how well they were maintained. Regardless of age, if your plumbing inspection reveals that your home has lead pipes, they should be replaced immediately, as the lead can contaminate your water and cause serious health issues.
Signs You May Need Whole-House Repiping
Call the experts at BVS if you notice any signs of leaking or corrosion, such as flaking, discoloration, dimpling, or stains, or if your water becomes discolored. Other signs that you may require a plumbing replacement include:
- Age. Older homes may have pipes made from undesirable materials such as galvanized steel, cast iron, or lead, which are particularly susceptible to rust or corrosion and can release harmful contaminants in to your drinking water.
- Frequent repairs. Most homeowners experience one or more water leaks over the course of ownership, but frequent repairs are a sign that your system is failing and plumbing replacement may be required.
- Low water pressure. In an area like Katy where the water is mineral-rich, deposits can build up over time and may lead to a reduction in water pressure. Clogs or leaks can also cause a decrease in pressure, but the best way to pinpoint the source of the issue is with a call to BVS. Our licensed plumbing professionals will inspect your system to determine the cause and provide a solution to rectify the problem.
Reliable Plumbing Replacement in & Around Katy, TX
The best time for plumbing replacement is before disaster strikes, and depending on the length of time you own your home it’s not a matter of if, but when. Homes over 60 years of age will benefit the most from an annual plumbing inspection, but it’s imperative that you watch closely for signs of leakage, regardless of the age of your home, to detect minor damage before it becomes a major repair.