Electrical Outlet Repair in Katy & West Houston, TX
The average home has multiple outlets in every room, and when they’re in good working order, they’re a convenience you can’t do without. When they are outdated, damaged, or malfunctioning however, outlets pose a safety risk to your home and family. Outlet repair is best left to the experts, and the certified, licensed electricians at BVS provide a number of electrical services including light switch and outlet repair, throughout the Sealy area of Texas.
Call BVS for outlet repair today at 281-391-1510, or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Signs You May Need Outlet Repair
While you can’t see what goes on behind your switch plates, there are a number of warning signs that indicate you may need outlet repair. Perform periodic inspections to ensure the integrity and functionality of your outlets, and call BVS if you notice any of the following:
- Discolored or scorched outlets – Signs of discoloration or visible scorch marks are caused by overheating, and if not addressed can lead to an electrical fire. Loose wiring at the connection points can cause a buildup of heat, or cause sparking that results in arcing. Discontinue use of the outlet until it can be examined and repaired by a professional.
- Sparking appliances – If you see sparks at the outlet each time you plug something in, you may have exposed wiring behind the switch plate which can lead to shock or fire. Test the outlet with a low voltage item such as a phone charger to see if the problem lies with the outlet or the appliance before calling for service.
- Burning smells – A burning smell from one or more outlets requires an immediate call for repair, likely caused by overheating which may lead to fire.
- Tripped circuits – Frequent issues with circuits or fuses may be caused by overheating or an overloaded electrical system, both of which warrant further investigation.
- Non-functional outlets – The wiring has likely become disconnected or damaged due to home repairs or pests, requiring professional outlet repair.
- Loose or worn components – If plugs sit loosely or slip out of your outlets they may be worn out, and in need of replacing.
- Ungrounded receptacles – Two pronged outlets are outdated, and your electrical system may be ungrounded. This can lead to potential shock or appliance damage and outlets should be replaced to bring your home’s electrical system up to current standards.
Causes of Outlet Issues
The most common causes of issues with electrical outlets include:
- Short circuiting – Exposed wiring or loose connections can lead to short circuiting, causing a buildup of heat which can lead to fire.
- Water or pest damage – A ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) will eliminate the power supply to an outlet if moisture is detected.
- Old age – Electrical outlets can become worn over time, requiring periodic upgrades and replacement.
- Faulty installation or repair – Repairs or installation by anyone other than a certified, licensed electrician can cause damage to your home and electronics.
- Overloading – Extension cords which are strung together, damaged, or not rated to handle the wattage of your items pose a risk of fire, and damage to your outlets.
Call BVS for Reliable Outlet Repair in Katy
Outlet repairs and other electrical issues should only be performed by a licensed, certified electrician, to preserve the integrity of your home, and the safety of your family. The experienced team of electricians at BVS are highly trained and qualified to perform all your electrical repairs and installations safely, and efficiently. Call BVS at 281-391-1510 to schedule outlet repair in your Katy or West Houston home, today.
We Service and Repair All Makes and Models
“We have used BVS for over 15 years now. They do an excellent job from start to finish. Their employees are courteous and do a great job in explaining everything. Wish all businesses could be like them.”
“BVS is dedicated to doing the job right! They recently installed two humidifiers along with some other maintenance services on my AC system. I am very pleased with the service provided. Their attention to detail was excellent.”