As homeowners, our endless quest is to find the most cost-effective solutions available. And seeing as your typical United States home devotes roughly 48% of its energy use to heating and cooling, an efficient air conditioner is an absolute must! You may have been looking into heat pumps, or possibly high-efficiency central air to solve your cooling cost woes; but have you considered solar air conditioning?
If you’re unfamiliar, we’re not too surprised. Solar air conditioning isn’t completely widespread yet, though it’s getting there quickly. Interested in learning how exactly a solar system can save you tons? The certified specialists at BVS Air Conditioning & Heating have you covered!
What Is a Solar Air Conditioner?
Essentially what it sounds like. A solar unit utilizes a high-efficiency 2-stage system that operates in tandem with a cutting-edge solar collector panel. This hybrid solution operates pretty much as normal, with one very important addition. The solar collector panel will harness the sun’s solar power, converting it into usable energy for your air conditioning system.
Specifically, the solar aspect of your unit aids the compressor in superheating refrigerant (the compressor’s primary job), saving on total workload. This can have a massive impact on the amount of energy your system requires to operate, effectively and efficiency cutting cooling costs by an appreciable amount.
Are Solar Systems Dependable?
Yes! As it is a newer application for solar power, you may be a bit hesitant. BVS can understand that. But this technology has been tested and improved on for well over ten years now, and more and more homes are opting for solar solutions.
Does a Solar System Require a Sunny Day?
Not at all, actually. While solar systems work at maximum potential the brighter and hotter it gets, the amount of energy they contribute in the evenings or on cloudy days is still very noticeable.
What Are the Benefits of Solar Air Conditioning?
So, what exactly does a solar system net you? Quite a bit!
- Increased system efficiency and efficacy. With the workload on your compressor reduced by solar energy, your system’s efficiency and effectiveness is considerably improved.
- Reduced cooling costs. You can see upwards of 40, 50, or 60 percent reduced cooling costs. That translates into a lot more money for you!
- A drastically improved SEER rating. The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio of a solar system is considerably higher than standard cooling systems, making for a very smart purchase.
- Potential tax credits. Homeowners that utilize solar power in heating and cooling applications can see huge savings in tax credits. Check your state’s availability online!
- Longer system lifespans. Solar systems reduce your air conditioner’s workload, making component wear and failure much less likely.
Superior Solar Cooling Solutions with BVS
Ready to take the next step in energy solutions for your Houston home? The certified HVAC specialists at BVS are ready to help! We carry all of the skill, experience, and top-quality products to ensure you get the absolute best in service and quality. Contact us today to learn more about solar air conditioning, or to set your appointment!