One of the best ways to keep your family cool and comfortable each summer, while ensuring your cooling system operates at peak efficiency, is by investing some time in your HVAC system each spring. The experts at BVS Air Conditioning & Heating can help, with our list of tips that will have your cooling system operating at the top of its game in no time.
4 Tips to Improve HVAC Efficiency Each Spring
Change your air filter. Your HVAC system air filter serves a number of important functions, protecting both your equipment and your family from harmful allergens, pollutants, and particulate. Dirty air filters can cause a wide range of issues, including:
- Increased energy bills. When the filter is dirty your heating and cooling equipment has to work even harder to deliver conditioned air, wasting energy and driving up costs.
- Allergy symptoms. Headaches, sore throats, dry nasal passages, fatigue, and cold-like symptoms can arise when your filter can no longer trap allergens such as dust, dander, or pollen.
- Dirty ducts. If your filter is dirty, particulate can accumulate in your ductwork, where it is continuously recirculated through your indoor air.
- System inefficiency. Undue stress is placed on moving parts as your system struggles to keep up with demand, reducing its lifespan.
Set your programmable thermostat. How many times have you left for the day, or crawled in to bed, only to realize you forgot to adjust the thermostat? A programmable thermostat automatically adjusts the temperature in your home to the desired energy efficient setpoint, according to your family’s schedule.
Upgrade your HVAC system. Ask yourself the following:
- Is your heating or cooling equipment more than 12 years old?
- Have you noticed a steady rise in your energy costs over the last several years?
- Are you paying for frequent repairs?
- Is it hard to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home, or are some rooms hotter or cooler than others?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, it may be time to upgrade to a new, more energy efficient system. The certified specialists at BVS understand the importance of a reliable, efficient heating and cooling system, and will ensure your new equipment is properly sized and installed to increase comfort and maximize efficiency.
Perform routine maintenance. Preventive maintenance each spring and fall is the best way to avoid mid-season repairs or breakdowns. Professional maintenance from BVS includes a comprehensive inspection, analysis, cleaning and tune-up, to address small issues before they become big ones.
The Benefits of an Energy Efficient HVAC System
Protect your investment and enjoy the benefits of an energy efficient HVAC system, including:
- A reduced carbon footprint.
- Healthier indoor air.
- Cost savings with lower energy usage.
- Moisture regulation.
Want to Learn More About Energy Efficiency?
By completing a few simple tasks each spring, you can easily and effectively increase the energy efficiency of your HVAC system throughout cooling season. For more home energy efficiency tips, contact the experts at BVS today!