When you consider the importance of having a functional cooling system for your Sealy, Texas home, it’s also important to consider all your options. When compared with a traditional cooling system, ductless air conditioning has a number of significant advantages. Which type you choose is not only a personal decision but should be based on a number of factors that can influence anything from the cost of operation to the comfort of your family.
What’s the Difference?
A traditional air conditioning system consists of a network of metal ducts that run behind the walls or in the ceiling of your home. As your central cooling system produces conditioned air, it is blown through the ducts and delivered to each room through supply vents.
With a ductless cooling system, a series of individual air handlers are installed in each room and connected to one or more outdoor compressors via refrigerant lines. Air handlers are typically mounted high up on the wall or ceiling, with each one acting independently of the other for individual temperature control in each room or zone.
The Ductless Advantage
While they may not be suitable for every home application, a ductless cooling system has a number of advantages over a traditional system, including:
- Flexibility. Ductless cooling systems can be installed in additions or converted living spaces such as over a garage or attic where ductwork may be inconvenient or impossible to install. All that is required is access to electricity and space for mounting.
- Cost savings. Because each room or zone is individually controlled, you can save on energy costs by only cooling those rooms which are occupied.
- Increased efficiency. No air is lost through leaky ductwork, which can decrease system efficiency by as much as 40 percent. Conditioned air is delivered directly to each room, to maximize efficiency and comfort.
- Improved air quality. Dirty system components, air filters, or an accumulation of dust and allergens within ductwork can result in poor air quality. A ductless system allows the air to be filtered in each room, so your family can breathe easier.
- Fewer repairs. Fewer components and easily accessible parts, make ductless air conditioning repairs and maintenance a breeze.
- Environmentally friendly design. A ductless system uses less energy to operate, helping to reduce your carbon footprint.
Is A Ductless AC System Right For You?
While a ductless cooling system may not be the best choice for large, expansive rooms or homes, or in homes where ductwork already exists, they are perfect for a number of applications, including:
- Smaller homes
- Older homes
- New additions
- Garage or attic conversions
Ductless Air Conditioning Services in Katy & West Houston, Texas
Homeowners in and around the Katy area have been trusting the experts at BVS Air Conditioning & Heating for over 30 years, for all their HVAC needs.