You’ve heard of solar energy—but did you know you can take advantage of all solar energy sources have to offer right here in Houston and Katy, TX? On average, the Houston area gets about 2600 hours of sunshine every year—that’s a lot of solar energy that could be put to good use for your heating and cooling needs! We live in the perfect climate for solar air conditioning system, because the system works more efficiently as the temperature rises.
If you’ve ever wondered about the benefits of switching to a solar cooling source for your home, keep reading below!
Can I Switch to Solar?
Before you have solar panels installed, you should take to a local energy professional like the experts at BVS, but you can also think about these questions from the Department of Energy regarding home solar energy systems:
- Do you have clear and unobstructed access to sunlight all or most of the day? All year round?
- Do you have a roof or another area large enough to accommodate solar panels?
- Do local laws allow you to install a solar panel system?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you should consider a solar heating and cooling system!
Benefits of Switching to a Solar-Powered Cooling System
Everyone knows that solar power is more energy efficient and environmentally friendly than electricity, but there are additional benefits to you as a homeowner:
- High efficiency with less energy: Solar energy is the most efficient way to cool your home in the Houston area because of how hot it gets in the summer months. All that sunshine is converted into usable energy by a solar collector—the warmer it is, the easier it is to cool your home!
- 40-60% saving on energy bills: The installation of a solar air conditioning and heating system could reduce your monthly energy bills by as much as 60%. That’s as good an incentive as any to switch!
- Minimal modifications needed: You might assume it would be a hassle to install solar panels, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Solar heating and cooling installation is quick and easy—BVS can sometimes have panels installed and ready to use just one day after purchase!
- Federal tax credits: The government offers a 30% federal tax credit for solar energy systems based on the price and installation cost of the system.
- Low maintenance costs: Since solar cooling systems don’t use compressors like traditional air conditioners, there’s no possibility of compressor failure and your unit is likely to last much longer than it would using electricity.
Switch to Solar Cooling with BVS in Katy & West Houston, TX
If you’re considering the switch to a solar-powered heating and cooling system, you should talk with an energy expert from BVS today. BVS is the #1 installer of solar air conditioning and heating systems in the West Houston region, and we offer a 12-year parts and labor warranty on our solar energy systems. Read more about solar cooling installation with BVS here, or call us at 281-394-1923 today to talk to an experienced technician!