24-Hour Emergency AC Repair in Katy, TX
Katy heat and humidity isn’t for the faint of heart, but even the toughest Texan can appreciate the benefits of a functional cooling system. While annual preventive maintenance can help reduce the likelihood of most major repairs, there is still the potential for system failure due to extreme temperatures, aging or neglected equipment, or routine wear and tear. Regardless of the time of day or day of the week you need it, BVS has you covered with 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair services to help you beat the heat.
Call BVS at 281-394-1923 for around the clock emergency AC repair services in Katy!
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
If your air conditioner has been exhibiting unusual behavior or underperforming, you may be wondering whether or not to call for service—but even the most subtle hints from your cooling system are worthy of investigation, and a small fix now may save you from a major repair or replacement down the road. Signs to watch out for include:
- A lack of cold air. One of the most obvious signs of an impending repair is a blast of warm air coming from your vents. Before you call, check the thermostat to ensure it is set to “cool” rather than “heat” and that the temperature is set to several degrees below the ambient temperature in the room. Click here for a complete guide of what to check before you call your HVAC company!
- Weak airflow. Lack of comfort is often caused by reduced airflow and a loss of system pressure as the result of a dirty air filter, frozen evaporator coil, failing compressor, leaky ductwork, or issues with your blower.
- Water leakage. While a bit of water leakage isn’t cause for alarm, excess moisture or pooling around the unit requires attention and if left untreated can lead to property damage or mold growth.
- Frequent on and off cycling. If your air conditioner short cycles, it may be improperly sized for your home and may need replacing.
- Strange noises. Grinding, squealing, grating, or other mechanical noises are cause for concern and require immediate attention to prevent further damage.
- Unpleasant odors. A musty smell is a sign there may be mold growth on system components or in your ductwork, while a pungent odor is often produced when wire insulation has burned out.
- Frozen coils. This phenomenon can be the result of a low refrigerant charge or restricted airflow, both of which require the services of a professional.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on. Check the power at the main breaker and the emergency shut off near the outside unit. If the breaker was tripped reset it, but if it trips again leave the unit off and call for repair. (If it turns out you need an electrician rather than an HVAC technician, we can help with that, too!)
- Increased energy costs. If your utility bills have been steadily rising it may be time to upgrade your air conditioner to a newer more efficient model.
If any of these issues sounds familiar, or your air conditioner simply isn’t delivering on a hot summer day, call us at 281-394-1923 now!
When to Call For Emergency AC Service in Katy
Your air conditioner has no concept of time and is susceptible to a breakdown or malfunction at any time of the day or night. While certain issues can wait until for a scheduled appointment time, others warrant a call for emergency service, including the following:
- Warm or weak airflow.
- An acrid smell coming from your vents.
- Loud, mechanical noises.
- Frozen evaporator coil.
- Refrigerant or water leakage.
- Air conditioner that won’t turn on.
Why Choose BVS For Emergency Air Conditioner Repair?
The experienced, reliable, NATE certified technicians at BVS provide prompt, courteous emergency AC repair service to homeowners in and around the Katy, TX area at any time of the day or night, and won’t stop until your cooling system is running at peak performance. For emergency AC repair fast, call BVS at 281-394-1923 now!
Request A Call Back Today
Guarantee Your Home Comfort With Our Rest Easy Pledge™
Additionally, if we are unable to completely fix your air conditioning problem within 24 hours of diagnosing it, we will either install a temporary window AC unit or help you stay in a hotel room by providing you with a $100 credit on your bill.
Reach An AC Repair Expert Any Time—Day Or Night
Whether you need 24-hour emergency air conditioning repairs or routine AC service, count on NATE Certified BVS technicians to deliver the following:
- Prompt and courteous service, day or night
- A fast analysis of the problem
- Upfront AC service pricing
- Non-stop work until your cooling system is fixed
- 100% SATISFACTION, MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
- Emergency repair staff on call 24/7
- Experience repairing all makes and models of central air conditioners
Is Your Texas Home In Our Service Area?
Our BVS technicians have performed AC repairs throughout the West Houston area, including Katy, Sealy, Houston, Sugar Land, Richmond and more. Wondering if your home falls within our service area?